Regular GA #13
November 3, 2017
P- Howie Ronsayro
P- Miguel Paje
P- Ian Serrano
P- Betina Sales
EA- Kevin Lobo
P- Camille Gregorio
P- Joaquin De Guzman
EA- Jolo Zagala
EA- Iyla Ferrer
EA- Jeremiah Tomas
P- Josh Quimbo
P- Jackie Comendador
P- Theresa Morada
EA- Kayla Fabi
P- Louise Faraon
P- Yana Chan
P- Javi Vilchez
P- Angelo Porciuncula
P- Stephanie Shin
PV- PRESENT & VOTING
UL- UNEXCUSED LATE
UA- UNEXCUSED ABSENT
Summary of the Meeting:
1. GA Tidbits
6. SAC Updates c/o Je (c/o Howie) (5 mins)
1. GA Tidbits
- World: A man in a remote tribal village in the eastern Indian state of Orissa woke up to a 4-meter long crocodile
- Local: Councilor Ezeddin Tan (nephew of former Sulu vice governor Abdusakar Tan) who was abducted by the Abu Sayyaf Group in September was freed last November 1
- UP: QC Metropolitan Trial Court convicted former UP CHE Dean Milagros Querubin for non-disclosure of SALEN
- Random: Scientists have confirmed that staying long in space squeezes the brain and makes it smaller
- Josh: 65 signed up we got to help 49 (75% of total). Around 7 patients need follow up (referral to OCG) for routine consultations. 4 counsellors are willing to join again for free. If I want to refer students, they’re willing to handle them for free.
- Howie: Did they ask for payments?
- Josh: No, they all rendered service for free. It was stated in the proposal. I think it can be an annual council thing, but we can think of better ways to handle it. I’m not sure if it’s just really challenging to handle last minute changes or it can be done better, but we got to figure it out. All rooms were also given by admin for free. Next time, maybe we can ask for a little budget for water for the consultants.
- Josh: A lot of people approached me after and were grateful for the initiative, and it came not only from the students but also the consultants. One of the consultants, sir Rolly from the OCG talked for our mental Health DG last year so it was nice that he was one of the consultants.
- Howie: How long were the sessions?
- Josh: 1 hour is allocated but some finished earlier.
- Theresa: I think it’s hard to get people to talk about it, so we won’t really hear feedback.
- Howie: According to those who contacted you, were they happy about it?
- Josh: Yes. Those who we were not able to accommodate were sent the contacts of consultants who were willing to hold sessions for free.
- Ian: How many were non-Econ?
- Josh: Around 20.
- Cams: The theme was released “UP Diliman: Paaralan, Palaruan”. If you think of any possible design, kindly let Je or me know.
- Howie: How do you plan to look for a design?
- Cams: We’re getting in touch with people from Fine Arts, friends from AdCore.
- Bets: Does it have to be a 3D graphic design?
- Cams: Not necessarily but I think it would be nice to have it laid out like that.
- Cams: If the steel rods from last year are still there, Ma’am Kraft said we can sell it. Je and I talked about how we can sell lanterns even to alumni next year. Je knows a supplier.
- Joaquin: I know there’s an environmental hazard when it comes to the lanterns that fly, so we’re getting one without the metal structure since I think that’s one thing that makes it hazardous. We plan to still use them, but not release it. We’ll be asking Jelaine Gan to be sure. If you have any actors we can use for the video, let me know.
- Howie: For Incentives and the rubber band system, let’s talk about it when we get closer to Lantern Parade.
- Cams: We still need ideas for the design. So far, we thought of luksong baka since the carabao bull is the symbol of Philippine economy. We’re hoping to start constructing it after ASEAN week. We’ll need manpower from the SESC and core.
- Howie: Kindly make a timetable with the weekends we’ll need to spend making it as well as the funds we’ll need.
- Cams: For Chairperson, we have foundation.
- Howie: I was supposed to put “tito” but I put foundation instead. Foundation in a sense that I’m one of the oldest here, it’s up to me to uphold the past traditions as well as add new ones along the way.
- Cams: For Vice Chairperson, we have synergy.
- Paje: I looked for a word I used in my speech and this is one that’s really in my vision where we work with SESC and SEAC- it’s self-explanatory.
- For Econ Rep: consultative and representative.
- For secretariat: approachable and systematic.
- For M&P: reliable and engaging source of info.
- For Fin: transparent and responsive.
- For MARC: professional, responsive, approachable.
- For EdRes: none yet.
- For Internals: SPT (Service, People, Together).
- For STRAW: accommodating.
- For SAC: strong, united, passionate.
- For Seniors batch reps: enablers (they want to enable the batch to have the best year ever where all opportunities are present).
- Jackie: To further explain, we used enabler because our batchmates already have the potential so we’re just helping them or providing them with the o
- For Junior batch reps: unity, care and strength.
- For Sophie batch reps: consistently reliable.
- For Freshie batch reps: a youthful and energetic family.
- For external SESC branding: professional (competent, efficient in work and collaborative), relevant (through innovations, initiatives and stand our ground on our stances), rooted in service.
- For internal SESC branding: inclusive, proactive, approachable
- For political SESC branding: credible, consultative (respect thoughts and inputs), critical (take into account facts to make sure we’re accurate and incorporate economics in our stands)
- For financial SESC branding: transparent and sustainable (stable and able to liquidate)
- For publicity and promotions SESC branding: consistent (quality), engaging (innovations, good content and relatable), professional (trustworthy and reliable)
- Cams: Branding is not only our image but also who you are in your position, so it’s important we maintain and take care of these in our everyday lives since this is how we determine people to approach us.
- Howie: I’ll just need something fun for the first post, so let’s think of possible ideas.
6. SAC Updates c/o Je (c/o Howie) (5 mins)
- Howie: For Schoolympics evals last week, great attendance more than 70+ people but they cut us short (turned the lights off) and it was really traffic.
- Howie: For E-dance and E-sound, so far there are no available people since a lot will be going home/abroad. We might have a council performance instead.
- Howie: For next week Schoolympics, Je will coordinate with team captains if the batches will be free next week. Batch Reps, please tell your team captains to respond.
- Howie: Je will start drafting for Dilgames next week. CHE mens Volleyball team will partner with the UPSE team. Once the Dilgames line up is set, Je will coordinate the tune up games.
- Howie: Je will meet with cams and the admin for lantern parade finalizations.
- Joaquin: The bulletin board layout is almost done, so please check if your core is correct and if you’re okay with your picture. I’ll post it later.
- Howie: Please check the spelling of your names and core members’ names.
- Cams: We’ll be carolling at the Alumni Homecoming to fundraise. Also, I’ll be saying yes to the UP Politica partnership.
- Miguel: Next GA, let’s schedule the next Plansem before we book flights for vacation. It needs to be before January (first week is registration).