Regular GA #16
November 29, 2017
P- Howie Ronsayro
PV- Miguel Paje
PV- Ian Serrano
P- Betina Sales
P- Kevin Lobo
P- Camille Gregorio
P- Joaquin De Guzman
P- Jolo Zagala
P- Iyla Ferrer
P- Jeremiah Tomas
P- Josh Quimbo
P- Jackie Comendador
EA- Theresa Morada
P- Kayla Fabi
P- Louise Faraon
P- Yana Chan
P- Javi Vilchez
P- Angelo Porciuncula
P- Stephanie Shin
PV- PRESENT & VOTING
UL- UNEXCUSED LATE
UA- UNEXCUSED ABSENT
Summary of the Meeting:
1. GA Tidbits c/o Lan Kwai (5 mins)
15. Other matters
1. GA Tidbits c/o Lan Kwai (5 mins)
- World: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are getting married
- Local: Piston arranged a transport strike on December 4-5
- UP: CDC tickets can be bought tomorrow at MOA, 8am
- Random: Japan holds Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) today
- Iyla: Thank you to Yana for being a faci and thank you to those who went. Short preparation time (3 weeks) but I think we went well. It’s a good thing we had a free venue and food for the guests. It got a little messy in terms of our roles so I defined it with ETC to be sure. It was good we had org and external partners like the nanays since they were the ones affected
- Iyla: I think it would be nice next time if SESC joins in the discussion so we don’t look like we’re just in the background.
- Jackie: I hope ETC takes who the audience is into account next time. For example, Veji spoke mostly English, so the nanays couldn’t really understand what she was saying. Then, it wouldn’t help in the discussion.
- Iyla: We chose Veji because he knew most about both bills but I think Ron got to help him.
- Je: I think in terms of having these DGs, it’s important that we’re able to apply it with the intiatives we have.
- Howie: How were we in terms of money?
- Iyla: We were sakto.
- Iyla: I’ll do this per aspect. First title and team, I think it worked out since the students came from different regions and the topic was timely since they were interested in federalism. All in all, we had 37 schools, 260 delegates, 13 regions represented.
- Iyla: It would have been nice if we had our original lineup of speakers but it was okay since we had a lot of back up speakers and they responded fast. All of them were very insightful, most notable was Sen. Risa. They also answered the questions adequately.
- Iyla: For Program flow, there were a lot of adjustments but I have to commend Programs for still doing a great job in each event. Good thing to move the dinner mixer on the 2nd day and the more serious events on the 2nd day. Also, I thought the venues were appropriate for their respective events
- Iyla: Baggage deposit system was faster on the 1st day but there were still problems such as a misplaced bag and miscommunication with a teacher regarding early check-in rates. But we managed to recover the bag and negotiate with the teachers.
- Iyla: We had a lot of giveaways from corporate sponsors and partner agencies! Nice drawstring bags and lanyards and shirts also. It was easier or us to give tokens, prizes, and raffle freebies because we had a lot of ex-deals c/o corp rel. Good job to Bianca & corp rel!
- Iyla: We kept our branding all throughout the process! Pre-event and post-event we were very active and kept the pro-fresh (professional and fresh) vibe of our pubs.
- Iyla: We got a lot of external support. Senators & agencies! It's an avenue that other adhocs can look into cos it really took a lot of weight from Sales and Fin for us.
- Iyla: The Sales team never underperformed even if we had hectic schedule.
- Iyla: Very great job to all the facis. They exceeded our expectations and were really the key to the success of the event. A lot of delegates said that they will miss their teams and their facis and I think it's a great measure of how much impact we had on the lives of the delegates
- Iyla: Here are some feedback from the delegates:
- The best to mga besswap!!!
- I am a proud delegate of the 14th NYC, didn’t just break barriers among regions but also Senior High Strand
- I didn’t expect it would be this grand. I’m learning a lot and I’m actually inspired to help our country for the improvement of the economy
- It’s fun and exciting and I’m hoping that MSU will be invited again
- Iyla: The BOD worked their heart out and I couldn't be more proud of the leaders they have become. Honestly so impressed with how they handled the stress.
- Iyla: For points for improvement, I wish we had an earlier and more efficient prodwork. Also, we need to find better food since this was a major concern for the delegates.
- Iyla: We were overworked log-wise during the 1st day but we recovered and got better on the 2nd day. Honestly, we were all disappointed with how Day 1 went log-wise but the important thing is we learned our lessons and we didn't let the delegates know that we were struggling. I was disappointed in log on day 1 because of lack of communication. Maybe we should bring back the sign ups for log interns. But overall, I think we did a great job, no teacher was mad and complained. And it's a learning experience for all stakeholders - organizers and delegates alike.
- Jackie: Log had problems but maybe in your next events, you could give materials the day before like for mine and Paje’s station, we had to improvise. Also, I think the speakers should be oriented more. What happened was instead of learning about business or finance, it became about fiscal policy, so it didn’t align. His presentation solved the problems that the students were supposed to solve, so they didn’t really know what to do.
- Javi: I think improvement comes from the organizational makeup because on the day itself, a lot of people were working on the same tasks. It became messy since everyone was accountable for different tasks. The work also became a lot like a lot of people were overworked since, on paper, the jobs look small but they’re big events. Last, I think we can get more volunteers and make each committee around more than half. Though SESC did its job. I think each dept should have its own pub persons since they were also so overworked.
- Steph: Some minor things are first, Nics and I went to the venue, there were a lot of people dancing or also using the space. For the quiz bee, I think information about the calculators was not disseminated well and the quiz bee was about to start with only some having calculators.
- Yana: We were able to put it in the final remarks, but they must have. Josh and I were at reg and a teacher’s head was hurting. We offered meds but they wanted health services. There were some schools that left without us knowing so .
- Iyla: It was the first time that a school left without us knowing. They changed
- Louise: Ours was supposed to be Durian eating but there was a backup plan of marshmallows and polvoron. In terms of ER or corprel, apparently a lot of them went home since they said that they didn’t have anything to do anymore, but they should've stayed to help.
- Paje: Maybe next time, the station facis can be the ones to buy the materials so the load could be less. A lot of people weren’t doing anything and others were doing two things at once.
- Cams: Point of improvements, earlier pub posting and regulated reg. We also started late since the speakers were late and a lot of people came in late. I was happy with the attendees so thank you for making hatak. The speakers were also good.
- Howie: I asked Jus and Hazel how it went and they felt like people didn’t really grasp it but in the end, a lot of poeple asked questions. Extra props to the freshie batch reps for the attendees.
- Ian: It might be nice to have another speaker so they have a lot to take home.
- Jackie: I appreciated how technical it was since it went very in-depth and showed people what HR really is. It’s not really about the company but rather whether I’ll be able to see myself in this job or career.
- Iyla: Maybe I’d like them to add next time to talk about how Econ helped them in their career.
- Howie: Jus was asked whether the speakers used Economics concepts in their work now, but she said no.
- Cams: We asked them to include it in their speech, but it really wasn’t part.
- Angelo: I think more of the Freshies came because they wanted to know how they can use Econ in their career.
- Jackie: I think that in one way or another, Econ
- Kiss: I think that coming from someone who is working now, it was pressuring it as first, but Econ comes in as a soft skill wherein you take into account the opportunity costs, etc.
- Cams: To address Gelo’s concern, we have more talks next sem since it’s a series in partnership with Edres.
- Je: More than careers and jobs, maybe you can also look into internships and masters abroad for example since it’s another thing people do after college.
- Yana: Javi and I were happy that the program flow was strictly followed. Also, the speakers made powerpoints even if we said it didn’t have to.
- Yana: I like how the event was festive because of the food. I think we could get less speakers next time since a lot of them felt rushed with the 5 minutes. I think we need to find a way to tie things together in the end. They found it like a window to leave.
- Javi: One thing I enjoyed is how the fast pace of the event got the students involved.
- Howie: It worked to your favor since the limited time for them to speak on stage left people with questions which they would use during the Q&A portion.
- Gelo: For me, the Q&A electives fair helped since it became more personal since instead of addressing the whole crowd,
- Jackie: I think it gives people the opportunity to leave to have the Q&A portion at the end but they would forget it since
- Yana; For the primer, it’s been a while since it’s been updated so instead of rushing it, we would
- Steph: It was good that a lot of people went, but I agree with Yana and Gelo in asking the speakers to stay at the sides for Q&A. To solve Jackie’s problem, I think we can ask the people to write their questions on a piece of paper so they remember it after all the speakers. For the primer,
- Bets: I’ll be evauating it in two parts. First, the preparations. Thank you to SESC for helping ingress it was difficult with my core being undermanned to set up. It was better to give food as soon as they come since they started arriving late and making them line up would delay the program. Next time, we should assign people to parts of the room for more organized distribution. We should prepare more iced tea and no more water since none of them opted to drink water over iced tea. Lastly, I think I should’ve better briefed SEAC regarding the token-giving and message.
- Bets: As for the program proper, the photobooth was not as established but they liked the ideaand enjoyed taking pictures with the props. For the hosts, buhat ni Josh and Jolo, so thank you so much for hosting. It would be nice to make the personnel talk or have one of them speak in behalf of the personnel to tie things together. Lastly, for the AVP, they enjoyed the stolen shots so maybe we could have more stolen shots of all the personnel next time.
- Jolo: To add to the overflowing well reception, the personnel were telling Nica that the program was really natural, and we put a premium on that at just the start of the year.
- Ian: The tokens were really nice since they really get to use it.
- Kevin: OBEM’s video in the AVP needs to abe added.
- Iyla: The ice didn’t have a cooler, so it was a little hard to handle.
- Kayla: There was a good breakdown of tasks among BRA. I was panicking at the start since not a lot of people signed up, but it was just right since 18 people went. In terms of budget, the freshies were able to pay.
- Jackie: Regarding the 1k, can we pay after the sem because we’re still in deficit from people who didn’t pay.
- Kayla: We didn’t get to achieve the diverse attendance since most were Ecosoc. More points of improvement are less food and nearer venue since it was really far and traffic. On a good note, we had loot bags and giveaways (soap).
- Ian: Maybe it can be earlier in the sem.
- Je: It should be more integrated into the other orgs
- Louise: Verlanie was happy that we reached out to them since they’ve been wanting to partner with UPD.
- Ian: It would be nice to build the relationship with Verlanie and think long term like what BAC does; they have a partner community.
- Je: We have prodwork tomorrow here in Econ at 9am to 3pm. Who will be free? Bets, Joaquin, Cams, Howie, Iyla
- Je: We need tools like hammers, saw, scissors, so please bring.
- Bets: I think we should post in batch groups about the prod work so people can help out.
- Jackie: About the lantern DPs, if people want to take DPs, they shouldnt crowd the room since others who want to take pictures get overwhelmed.
- Howie: How many people have taken already?
- Joaquin: We have around 15 already.
- Bets: I think we should put signs around Econ too since people usually only take pics if it’s visible.
- Howie: Lantern Parade is going to be a whole day thing, so we’ll need to talk about that as well as the incentives strategy. Kindly encourage everyone to take their DPs.
- Bets: Suggestion, since we don’t really know the facebook accounts of the staff or personnel (if they even have any), we can make a facebook album or pub of the personnel’s lantern parade DPs so people see what the DP will look like and that anyone can take.
- Jolo: We’re trying to get a performer per org and I’m also getting unaffed people to perform. I’m also talking to admin about their part of the performance.
- Jolo: For the food, Im currently looking into 250 pax. What do you guys think?
- Paje: We usually prepare for 150.
- Jackie: I think it’s enough since a lot of people will be going for incentives and because it’s an event people really go to.
- Jolo: For concessionnaires, we’re still talking to Ma’am Kraft about it. For finance, we’re going to have a rummage sale, so if you wanna help out, you may! But for now,
- Je; You might want to post a pub calling for performers or make an Open Mic at Culminight.
- Jolo: The Scratch Paper Initiative is up, so please encourage people to use the system.
- Howie: This will be on Tuesday next week, 11:30-1pm. We’ll be providing food for our cores. I’ll be posting on the group then comment what you’ll bring. Basically, we’ll be posting
- Howie: The construction is not pushing through. The project will still push through in terms of re-routing but there won’t be any construction in BA or Econ. From what I see, not all the things that he wants is pushing through. Danicon doesn’t want jeeps on the oval.
- Paje: We’re going to have a tambayan clean up on Tuesday 4:30pm. I required a number of people per org to go. This is a general cleaning so everyone in SESC is also required ot go. This is to make sure that the tambayan is clean by the time the Christmas breeak hits. Let’s go the SEAC GA too so we can show our appreciation for them.
- Howie: We chose beach over mountain.
- Jolo: I have a place in Anilao, Batangas, but I’ll get back to you if it’s available.
- Howie: Our second option is Paje’s place in Baguio.
15. Other matters
- Iyla: Some of our batchmates said that they waited long in Zone 5.
- Jackie: It would be costly for Zone 5 to have more than 1 editor so it really takes long. Also, a lot of people had their pictures taken that day.
- Iyla: Others felt like they didn’t enjoy during the shoot since they were bring rushed.
- Jackie: The flow and everything was okay since people followed the time schedule on the other Saturday, but this time, people didn’t go 30 minutes before their schedule so it pushed everything back. Zone 5 also underestimated the number of people who went.
- Iyla: Maybe there can be another day for the shoot.
- Jackie: Past batches had a lot of complaints with Zone 5, but now, Zone 5 is one of the only studios that has retouching on the spot.
- Josh: For Happiness week, a lot of people are happy with it like even the titas appreciated it in the bathroom. Awhile ago, we put care packages around Econ like paper bags and yum burgers.
- Josh: For the lib, we’ve already talked and we need to draft rules and regulations for library use. Now, there can be a ban or blacklist since it’s gotten out of hand. At the end of the day, it will be the call of the librarian. We’re going to give them the rules and regulations but the librarian will be the one to ban.
- Paje: Make sure that the rules are posted everywhere like on the tables, walls and door.
- Ian: For the 4-sem rule TWG, we’ll be meeting on Friday, lunch time.
- Iyla: Tutorials might be cancelled since tutors might not be able to commit since it’s also their hell week.
- Josh: BRA, please brig how they are since there’s a fire in a BGC residential area near SM Aura.