Regular GA #17
December 6, 2017
P- Howie Ronsayro
P- Miguel Paje
P- Ian Serrano
P- Betina Sales
P- Kevin Lobo
P- Camille Gregorio
P- Joaquin De Guzman
P- Jolo Zagala
P- Iyla Ferrer
P- Jeremiah Tomas
P- Josh Quimbo
P- Jackie Comendador
p- Theresa Morada
P- Kayla Fabi
P- Louise Faraon
P- Yana Chan
P- Javi Vilchez
P- Angelo Porciuncula
P- Stephanie Shin
PV- PRESENT & VOTING
UL- UNEXCUSED LATE
UA- UNEXCUSED ABSENT
Summary of the Meeting:
1. GA Tidbits
198 De Dios
1. GA Tidbits
- World: The biggest supermoon and last full moon for the year happened last December 3
- Local: Duterte reassigns War On Drugs back to PNP
- UP: Lantern Parade on December 15
- Random: Maja Salvador hangs on to a helicopter for a TV shoot
- Josh: It was solid all throughout. It started last tuesday with the sticky notes around Econ, from the bathrooms to Mang Estong’s room. Mang Estong replied with a thank you on the note. The titas who saw the ones in the bathroom liked it because they though it was a mood booster.
- Josh: The second day, we gave freebies in paper bags and scattered Yum burgers around Econ. The last day was where we gave away Yum burgers and goodie bags once they finish a happiness bucket list. Next sem, we plan to include Howie and Paje in the core surprises.
- Yana: Sayang that we didn’t have class on Thursday.
- Jolo: Maybe we should make the hashtag #UPSECares since it’s not only SESC that does it.
- Iyla: We should continue doing it next sem.
- Joaquin: Thank you to those who went to the video shoot. So far, we have the main pub, video, and DP. We have around 70 DPs so far, so please remind your batches to post. Do you feel like the DP shoot is okay?
- Kayla: Yes, people will most probably take on Friday.
- Joaquin: In terms of filming the video, we’re going to finish on time. For the music, we already got Yanna Basbas to cover, then we’re going to finish the mix once we find someone who can work on it. For the main pub, it will be a noche buena scene to be shot next week.
- Howie: When will DPs be released?
- Joaquin: Next week for sure, but we’re hoping that more people take. There are a lot of people who want to take, but they either have exams or aren’t ready.
- Ian: Given that situation, is it possible to move it to the locker area?
- Joaquin: It’s difficult to recreate it and there are no plugs.
- Camille: The alumni will be giving 20k for the lantern. I’ll ask tita Ronnie how they’ll be giving it. For incentives, for those who haven’t given, please give them already. The incentives we have so far are:
198 De Dios
- Howie: If you’re going to give letters, please give it within the week since it’s the last week of classes. Also, please find a way to give letters to the classes without Council members.
- Je: For the small lanterns, we might do prodwork on the day itself. I’ll be getting the small lights by next week.
- Howie: We all have to be here early to work on it except those who have exams.
- Cams: For the main lantern, we need more manpower. We aim to finish the cube by Friday. We’ve already finished a face of it. We’re going to start working on the rubber foam on Friday. The woodwork will be worked on by the guys. Next week, we’ll assemble the cube on the stage. Tomorrow, we have prodwork where we’re assembling the cube starting around 10am. Who can go? Josh, Bets, Howie, Jolo, Cams
- Je: There will be 3 stations and Council will be the one to give the rubber bands per station.
- Howie: It will be a different color per station. BRA can be the one to handle it. We need to be sure that the people who are going to get the incentives don’t cheat the rubber bands since these will determine those who really went around.
- Iyla: I think we should post the mechanics.
- Howie: Do you still need a hypeman?
- Je: Yes, that’s why I’m bringing a mic. For the rubber board, we’ll be fixing the stencils so it can be brought home and worked on.
- Howie: So the structure needs to be up by Friday?
- Je: We just need help holding it up so we can tie it together.
- Howie: If you know anyone who has the base for the processions, let us know since it’s crucial that we find one.
- Joaquin: BRA, it’s up to you to choose which DP you want to post as a model DP
- Jolo: We just need help securing performers. We have a lost already but a lot aren’t sure yet, so we need one more push. BRA, kindly suggest people who can perform. We’ve already reached out to orgs and unaffiliated people.
- Iyla: I have one unaffiliated recommendation, how many songs does he need?
- Jolo: around 10 minutes worth since we plan to make it around 3 hours.
- Ian: 3 hours might get dragging or people might be leaving towards the latter part.
- Joaquin: Maybe it doesn’t have to be the full 3 hours.
- Jolo; Admin will be having their own performance. Also, is anyone Ecosoc carolling here?
- Je: Carlos is like one of the people heading it. • Jolo: Ian, kindly ask Bea if the ecosoc carolling group can perform.
- Jolo: Coolbeans Cafe and Chubby Chicken are the concessionnaires so far. For the food distribution, we’ll be serving admin and alumni first.
- Howie: Cams and Je, have you figured out a system for the incentives line up?
- Je: We plan to have laptops ready. Jolo, can you help out with the incentives?
- Howie: So when people get to Econ after the parade, they go to the laptops and find their names for incentives.
- Jolo: We’ve already released the Scratch Paper initiatives, so please support.
- Howie: GASC on January 7-8, Sunday to Monday in UP Mindanao. Who are willing to go? Ian
- Howie: The letter for financial assistance was posted.
- Ian: We don’t need the whole council since graduating and freshmen have registration.
- Jackie: If I get all my subjects in advanced, I can go to the second day
- Iyla: Tutorials for Math 102, Econ 11, Math 100. Details to be announced.