Regular GA #4: September 30, 2020
GA Tidbits c/o House Econ Bust
- Emman: Trump returns to White house but removes mask. Hospitalized for 72 hours before posing for a maskless picture. Even if it underscored his long-standing tactic of denying the pandemic and its risks. Trump gave several thumbs up and fist bump. When asked how many of staffers tested positive, he would not answer.
- Reference: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/05/politics/donald-trump-covid-condition-walter-reed/index.html
- JC: Local: DepEd Allaine Pascua apologized for the mistake and urged the public not to single out their error. The error was spotted by a Facebook user.
- Reference: https://facebook.com/rapplerdotcom/photos/a.317154781638645/3899811253372962/?type
- Haqq: UP: Several council members from USC and different representatives to USC have tendered their resignation to council expressing their inability to push through with the holdover term. Chairperson Kenneth Eser Jose.
- Jaro: Random: Nobel Prize in Physics for black hole discoveries that revealed the darkest secrets of the universe. Roger Penrose was awarded for showing that black holes must be a physical reality that proves Einstein’s theory of relativity. Reinhart Ghez and Andrea Genzel were awarded for their discovery of a supermassive black hole in the center of the galaxy.
- Reference: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/06/world/nobel-prize-2020-winner-physics-scn-intl/index.html
AKWE Evals c/o Vice Chairperson
- Mitch: Strengths: Maximized the two-hour program. The livestream, overlay, and bg music brought to life the online akwe. Good response to the sudden change for the program flow. Not obvious that we’re rustling behind the scenes.
- Weaknesses: Poor number of participants hindi balanced per batch. Freshies and Sophies ‘yong marami. Not as interactive among batches as physical AKWE. May clash with other ganaps. Slight difficulty for the sharing of screen and streaming. May onting dead-airs.
- Opportunities: We could have had more games and more participants. Tap core members and block representatives. Different date and time slots. If magiging this week siya, if last week conflict sa NES. Wala rin tayo masyado naging choice sa date.
- Threats: Skribble expiration tema. Nung in-open ko siya pinasama ko si Cami pero nag-expire siya kaya kinailangan ulit gumawa ng link. Some connectivity issues. Students priorities hindi rin naman natin maididikta na sumama sila sa event natin. Siyempre acads parin.
- Jaro: Okay naman that you’ve acknowledged that one of the weaknesses is the lack of participants. Siguro as a reminder na lang, and this does not just apply to Mitch but to all of us, in organizing events, it’s very important that we coordinate it not just with our batches but with ASEO na rin. Kasi diba may calendaring, so siguro in big events like this, we can block the dates na para we can ensure na talagang magkakaroon ng maraming attendees. College-wide event ang AKWE. So people were messaging na super sayang raw na onti ‘yong nakapunta and to think that it’s AKWE, hindi ‘yon ‘yong usual events natin. So siguro ‘yon calendaring sa ASEO and sensing talaga. ‘Yon lang naman. Congrats again.
- Mitch: To answer, 25 naka-schedule, hindi ko ma-impose sa kanila na baguhin schedules nila kasi nagkaconflict nga rin kasi na-move ‘yong date natin na supposedly na-settle nung September.
- Belle: About the prizes, what do I tell them?
- Mitch: Prepare their account numbers and coordinate with Jaro.
- Andi: Anymore feedback or questions for Mitch? Thank you very much Mitch!
Minecraft & Freshie Tour Updates c/o Media and Publicity Councillors
- Kyla: We’ll be presenting the mechanics first. The tour will be done in batches of 20. The capacity of the server is up to 20 people lang. Each council member will be handling a group of four. 1.5 minutes to explore each part of econ. Each batch will have 20 minutes to explore Econ and 15 minutes for the game. Minecraft and the calls will be facilitated through discord. We will be creating a new group for the initiative we will be adding the rest of the council members maybe later or tomorrow. 10 minutes before the time slot they will have to meet at the Econ Bust sa Minecraft server. The orientation will be facilitated by the FBR and M&P. The individual groups can transfer to the breakout rooms para the tour can commence per group. We listed lang the instructions here para they can . We have until 10 locations. We’re coordinating the groups na rin para no group will be in a single place at the same time. Para walang nagco-coincide lang na groups in a single location. Before, I call on rejam and Belle. Can I ask lang kung sino-sinong mga Council members ang willing maging guides for the tour?
- Rejam: Nag-sensing na kami and in-assign na rin namin ‘yong block reps. Less than half 46 lang sasali. A lot of them are not final yet. They want to know if there will be a livestream. A lot of them were wondering how long the event will take. We’re still finalizing the participants.
- Belle: A lot are more interested in watching the live than downloading Minecraft. There are some concerns kasi if their laptops can handle it or if there’s enough storage for it.
- Haqq: Habang nagto-tour doon sa mga specific locations na sinabi ni Kyla, magkakaroon ng small messages at may isang person na nagtatago on a specific location. That person dadalhin sila sa ilalim ng Econ kung saan andoon ‘yong hindi final na econ and kailangan nila makahanap ng way para makaakyat doon sa complete na Econ. 10-15 minutes lang naman ‘yon. Nagawa ‘yong copy ng econ na ‘yon first week na ginagawa ‘yong minecraft server. We can leave it for one game lang siguro. About doon sa space na kailangan ng launcher, i-confirm ko lang pero less than 300 MB lang naman ‘yong kailangan for it. Regular version ng minecraft kaya naman ng most laptops.
- Andi: Thank you guys!
- EJ: I can be a facilitator naman but will we need to know how to play Minecraft talaga?
- Kyla: It’s going to be mostly walking lang naman so it’s not going to entail a lot of technicalities.
- Mario: Motion to extend by 3 minutes.
- EJ: I second the motion.
- Mario: Suggestion lang Haqq. Not everyone is familiar with Minecraft baka pwede mong i-video kung anong mangyayari kahit basic lang tapos post mo sa council group natin. Step by step. Baka even if you i-explain it the level of understanding will depend on the level of familiarity with the game.
- Haqq: Pwede. Para lang ba sa council ‘to o sa lahat na ng pupunta sa event?
- Mario: for council lang. Baka kasi biglang mawala ‘yong mga facilitators.
- Andi: Diba 20 lang ‘yong pwede at a time. Does that mean na we’re going to have 2 batches lang?
- Kyla: Yes most likely may uulit or madadagdagan.
Chairperson Updates c/o Chairperson
- Andi: Yesterday, nagkaroon ng meeting with OVCSA. Basically it was a meeting with the USC members and reps of the LCC. The Chancellor asked what the state of the councils are as of now. Consenus seems to be that online elections won’t push through. College electoral boards are different from university electoral boards din naman. With regards to our performance sa council, we’re doing good naman especially since complete tayo.
- Mitch: Sa mga ibang councils, hindi ba nila pwedeng i-amend ‘yong constitution para pwede na silang mag-appoint?
- Andi: I’m not sure lang kasi sa atin pwede lang natin baguhin every two years ‘yong constitution natin.
USC Updates c/o Econ Rep to the USC
- Mario: Right now, maraming bakanteng slots sa USC. Walang chair, walang vice chair. And maraming college reps na nag-resign. Marami ring nag-step down from their committee positions. We’re going to talk about restructuring pa sa USC like a suggestion is that maybe some committees can be merged. ‘Yong suggestions pa lang as of now ay mga volcorps will be really integrated. Pero those are suggestions pa lang naman.
- Shin: Motion to extend by 3 minutes.
- Jaro: I second the motion.
- Andi: Motion has been seconded, you may continue.
- Emman: So sino na lang ‘yong mga eligible para ma-elect sa head office ng USC?
- Mario: Ganoon parin, mga councillors within the USC. May mga plans rin ako na USC E-board for UPSE pero parang ang hirap maglagay given the state of the USC. I always keep UPSE updated naman with regards to NEWS regarding USC. Pinapa-share ko sa BRA and shina-share ko sa FB group.
STRAW Updates c/o STRAW-SEC Councillor
- Third: Hi, everyone! First, for Dear STRAW, we currently don’t have any new grievances. Pero please remind your batchmates that Dear STRAW is open 24/7 and we’re always here for everyone naman. To update you guys for our initiatives, as of now, we have 17 partners for Tuklas. We’re still emailing some initiatives but it’s hard to contact them lang because of the pandemic. We’re also going to have a pub posted this Saturday! Please support. It’s going to be a timeline of all student-related events since the beginning of the quarantine. Next week we will also be posting our Hell Week pubs focusing on study tips and dealing with a stressful workload! It’s also going to feature Je as an alumna who gave us tips on how he usually handles stressful weeks. Thank you so much to M&P for the pubs! After this din, Mitch, EJ, Shin, and I will be meeting for a Mental Health initiative especially since it’s the Mental Health Month rin so we’re coming up with an initiative. Lastly, this weekend my core and I will be meeting with M&P for an initiative on the Hell Week mismo. It’s more of a video as we have said dati pero it’s still in the works talaga
EdRes Updates c/o Education and Research Councillor
- Emman: I’ll be talking about research, the acad alliance, statements and partnerships.
- Research: Firstly, ECONcepts 1, about education during the pandemic, was released last Thursday. Originally our target number of engagement online is 10K. As of now, 8.6k na and reach and this is okay na rin naman. Although the set QPI isn’t reached yet, those figures were set naman above the average reach of the past econcepts.
- Acad Alliance: For the Acad Alliance, again, tutorials are now open. Batch calendars are due for release this Saturday. Okay na ‘yong internal systems. Acad heads of the batches or the batch reps can request for tutorials naman pero preferably ‘yong acad heads sana mag-request since sila talaga ‘yong part na ng acad alliance. For requesting tutorials. we have a form and kailangan ng demand of 15 para tanggapin namin ‘yong request. Same parin naman as last year’s process. It just has been consolidated. Mas swabe ‘yong pagpapatakbo niya this time around. Also, batch acad calendars are in the pubbing stage already. Tapos na rin siya sa google calendar.
- Statements: We’ve scheduled another for Mental Health Month this Saturday naman. Sorry hindi ko pa siya napo-post sa Facebook group, natambakan lang ako ng work. Pero we’ll have it posted by tomorrow.
- Partnerships: For Debate 101, underway na ‘yong prep ng event. Confirmed na on the 17 ng debsoc. Doable naman ‘yong preparations for it within 2 weeks. Ang hinihintay namin ngayon ay ‘yong pub nila and list of final speakers. Things are proceeding well naman. As I have said dati, projects will have project trackers. Nag-start na ‘yong partial implementation ng tracker for Debate 101 and Fin Literacy talk natin, which is on the 24th naman. Let’s now talk about NYC. So quota natin ay 20 na people. 20 team leaders and facis pero I’ve talked with JS and Johanna and pwede namang i-include ‘yong mga interns. Explain ko na lang ‘yong nangyari last week. Ang initial arrangement was 20 ‘yong magiging contributions natinn for interns, TLs and Facis. Buti na lang last week na-mention ni Third and ni Andi. The stuff has been sorted out. I’ve talked with them and napag-usapan na namin ‘yong mga specifics ng contribution natin to NYC. Just a final note, if wala talaga kayong mahanap sa core niyo. We can find people who are not councillors or part of cour cores basta willing sila mag-sign up under SESC. Just please make sure na gagawin niya responsibilities niya kasi dala parin niya name ng council.
- Andi: ‘Yong 13 [that’s flashed on the screen] kasama na ‘yong council?
- Emman: Sum-total siya ng lahat ng contributuons natin so kasama tayo.
- Andi: Everyone who did not sign up, if you are not already part of NYC OB, please sign up by tonight. If we have 14 as of now, I think we will be able to reach 19 if everyone signs up by tonight.
- Mario: Question lang kasi technically those who signed up before are still part of the OB naman talaga. Gets ko naman na late lang naging official partnership per what’s the difference between a council member who signed up before the partnership was solidified and one who signed up now? Gets ko ‘yong rationale na baka kailangan nila ng TL or Faci. I agree with the concerns rin ni Cami na kaya most didn’t sign up as TLs or Faci is because part na sila ng NYC OB beforehand.
- Emman: To answer that question, I’ve discussed that nung first meeting naminn and standard practice daw siya.
- Mich: Motion to extend by 3 minutes.
- Mario: I second the motion.
- Emman: Maybe I can clarify with NYC if hindi na-count ‘yong mga nag-apply na before.
- Andi: Just a point lang kasi when we met with Vina, she made it clear talaga that this will be the system for it. So I think we should honor it na since this is something we verbally agreed to.
Partnership Proposals c/o Ways and Means Councillor
- Jaro: As of now, we have 7 partnerships. May 3 tayong partnerships na natapos with UP CAP, UP 49ers, and COPE UP with their remote learning talk. So, the active partnerships we have right now, JPIA, UPCG video series, UP MHM, UP Premedsoc, UPD CALSC, Habitat for Humanity, UP Ecosoc.
- Today our agenda is to discuss 6 partnership proposals. For efficiency, let’s chat na lang as usual. Ang nanalo sa poll natin sa GC ay Option A. Cash donation meaning na hindi na natin gagawin ‘yong ibang bullet points sa baba. Take note that this is not a donation drive but a competition.
- UP Pride. Usually we are a part of this partnership. Please comment if rainbow or glitter or pink partner or pass. The opening will be on UP Pride October 30. We’re required to send participants for the UP Pride opening and the equality talks. We’re also going to be providing them with likes, shares and follows. ‘Pag may mga proposals I always bring it up ASAP para we can come to a decision agad. We also don’t want to keep them waiting. I will also post this on our Partnerships Facebook group na lang para you can still think if we’re pushing through with this partnership.
- NSINC. This is a partnership from the Ateneo Management Economics Association [flashed on screen] (declined).
- Mario: Motion to extend 10
- Shin: I second the motion.
- Jaro: We’re required to send participants for both partnership packages. Chat na lang if you guys want to partner with them.
- Right Wash. This initiative is about teaching people about proper hand washing. Pa-comment na lang rin if G or pass. Okay, we’re pushing through with minor for the Right Wash..
- CHE SC. Magkakaroon ng Educational Discussion to introduce and discuss deeply the concept of SOGIE. May required attendees rin for their partnership packages.
- Emman: EdRes has an event by that date.
- Jaro: Thanks for bringing that up Emman. Will you be requiring council to attend your event?
- Emman: Yes sana!
- Jaro: Okay so pass tayo dito.
- Cares 2020. This is a College Admission Review Series (CAReS). Please comment na lang if you guys want to partner with them for this event. Ayan, okay so ang na-approve natin today Eduk Circle, Tangway, The Right Wash. Pending pa ang UP Pride. Mayroon ba kayong concerns? Thank you so much for being responsive sa mga teammates ko ‘pag may mga nagpapa-like. Lastly, let me just update you guys sa donation drive. Kumukuha na tayo ngayon ng partner organizations and ang deadline ay this Sunday for confirmation. Next Sunday deadline for our corporate sponsors. Congratulations sa batch reps rin for all their hardwork for this initiative. Maraming salamat. Sa aking mga teammates rin for working very hard. Right now, dalawa pa lang ‘yong org partners since ngayon pa lang rin nagme-meeting mga local college councils. We are expecting them to reply to our proposals within the week.
- Andi: I just want to say rin na if you don’t have an exam during the event of UP Pride week, please join the event. Every year, without fail, parati tayong nagiging partner for UP Pride. If you’re not busy, please attend the events.
- Andi: Does anyone have any other matters?
- Shin: Alright so we didn’t put on the agenda pero we want to give everyone’s a heads up na we’re starting na with the Stata refresher. We’re on the works for looking for a speaker. We have one tentative for Stata pero we don’t have one pa for R. If you guys know anybody who knows R, maybe you can refer them to us rin.
- Haqq: Gusto ko lang mag-thank you sa lahat nang nag-share and nag-blast ng Minecraft na video. It’s our biggest release yet. 400 ‘yong reacts and 16k ‘yong reach natin.
- Andi: Super congrats kay Kyla and Haqq and to your team. Good job talaga!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- E N D ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------