Regular GA #7
September 20, 2017
UA- Howie Ronsayro
UA- Miguel Paje
P- Ian Serrano
UA- Betina Sales
P- Kevin Lobo
P- Camille Gregorio
UL- Joaquin De Guzman
UA- Jolo Zagala
P- Iyla Ferrer
P- Jeremiah Tomas
P- Josh Quimbo
P- Jackie Comendador
P- Theresa Morada
EL- Kayla Fabi
EL- Louise Faraon
P- Yana Chan
EA- Javi Vilchez
P- Angelo Porciuncula
P- Stephanie Shin
UL- UNEXCUSED LATE
UA- UNEXCUSED ABSENT
Summary of the Meeting:
- World: Mexico was struck by an earthquake, and as of 2:00 pm of September 20, death toll is at 224.
- Local: Duterte declared September 21 as the National Day of Protest.
- UP: They’re inviting everyone to join the protest tomorrow, September 21, 2017. It will start on 10:00 am at Quezon Hall.
- Random: Apple Iphone 8 and 8+ will come out this month.
- Joaquin: The council shoot photos are already posted in the group. Just look through it and pick what you like. We’ll decide if we’re going to use the close-up photos or not. Regarding the Core DP shoot, since hell week, we can’t do it this week. We’ll shoot them next week instead. Estimated release of DPs will be on October 1, Sunday.
- Ian: To everyone, remind your core of the photoshoot.
- Louise: What will the Core members wear?
- Joaquin: Anything.
- Ian: Is there a specific schedule for the Core DP shoot? If you can, arrange everything by Sunday.
- Joaquin: Okay. Last, please pay 150 for the studio rent. Also, Je, we will re-print some of the Council IDS (Shin, Paje, Serrano).
- Je: For the museum visit, it’s a partnership with UP Ecosoc, and will be held on September 23, at the National Museum. We’ll leave Econ at 8:30 am. We will release the pub tonight, kindly like and share to the batch groups. Paje and Je will provide transportation. For Schoolympics, I will reserve the venue tomorrow. We will also try to ask about the reservations online.
- Ian: Ensure that we get a venue as to avoid delay. How many sign-ups are there for the Museum visit?
- Je: So far, we have 10 non-Ecosoc.
- Jackie: After the National Museum visit, maybe we can go to Intramuros, since its free.
- Je: Ecosoc has pakain after. Hopefully we can increase partnership with other orgs.
- Ian: Check who among the Council members can go by posting a poll in the group. So far, Steph and Gelo will.
- Ian: For Econsult, there’s not much additional responses, but we have 30+ so far. It’s okay, since this is not a yes or no question, so we really just need the arguments. We’ll compile what we have. I plan to form a technical working group (Ian, Josh, Howie, etc.). I’m inviting the batch reps as well. We’ll give the compiled result next week.
- ** Joaquin, Louise, and Kayla arrives 5:19
- Ian: Do you have any more concerns? I also plan to talk to Bets for a possible project, wherein we could use the Council room a study room, and open it until 8 or 9 pm. I also plan to release a Martial Law Statement, which I’m currently drafting. The gist of it would be: the bad events now under Duterte like EJK, CHR funding, degrading of democratic decisions, is the same as the period under Marcos. It’s also important to have your economic input. Iyla, I will need you’re help for the White Paper. Target release is tonight or tomorrow. Better if tonight so we can invite people to join the mobilization tomorrow.
- Josh: STRAW Fair is next week, Thursday and Friday. So far, we have 17 NGOs, 4 corporate partners, 12 student organization partners. There’s something new in the Fair. We will be giving out deodorant and soap at the start, then give out stickers as they pass by the NGOs. Once students finish going around the NGOs, they will go back to the Council booth and get the x-deals from the corporate partners. I would also like to follow-up on the medicine.
- Theresa: Okay. I’ll check it then tell you.
- Josh: Also, we will have the hell week initiative next month. For the Fair, we will have shifts. Be there at least once a day, or get 2 shifts.
- Louise: We’re planning to reschedule it. If we do it on Tuesday, the Florentino class won’t be able to attend. According to JJ Flores, it might be too early for a seminar since there are topics not yet discussed. We plan to have it on October instead.
- Ian: It might be risky since hell week season.
- Kayla: It’s going to be more convenient since post exam.
- Ian: Can you do early October?
- Kayla: Yes
- Louise: We’re going to have it on the 1st week of October. We feel that JJ will still be free. Back up is a teaching fellow or Sir Florentino.
- Iyla: Kapekonomiya will be on Thursday, and we’ll be giving out incentive letters. Print them and give them to your professors. Hopefully, we can confirm by Tuesday next week. For now, I’ll give your tasks. Registration booth (Je, Steph, Jackie); Runner, who will get the boxes from the storage cabinets to the venue, and put labels on the chairs. (Gelo, ETC); Welcoming Committee (Howie, etc.) Assist on giving out coffee (Cams); Time keeping and usher (Yana); Provide laptop (Gelo, Iyla, Cams); Documentation (Joaquin).
- Iyla: For the program flow: Ingress is at 2:30, then registration by 3:30. We’ll close registration by 4:30. Program will start at 4:00. Ian will be the host. There are 4 speakers, to be given 15 minutes each, an open discussion and debate to be facilitated by Miguel Ventura, an open forum, then awarding, closing remarks, and egress.
- Ian: Reminder to get incentives especially for Econ classes. Give it ASAP, after Iyla sends it. What are the next pubs to be uploaded?
- Iyla: We’ll have an event page to estimate people going, incentives pub, infographic, speakers pub for countdown, pub for org partners sponsors.
- Ian: Everyone, please share. Batch reps, invite batches once event page is up.
- Josh: Signature drive is on hold, the matters will be handled by the admin first. Once they give the go signal, let’s share to SEAC and others. But maybe we can start making a letter (Howie, Ian, Josh). Can we open this to like BA?
- Ian: It’s possible to open it to BA, let’s just talk to them. Definitely, we will have a signature drive and we need help in disseminating it.
- Ian: At 7:30 am, there will be a program in Carillon, for Martial Law commemoration and 100 years of Carillon. They will play martial law songs, and will give out free breakfast. Good if we can come for a show of force. Speakers will be Chancy, Bernadette Abrera, VC Castro. Who can go? (Josh, Ian). At 2 pm, mass at the Holy Sacrifice. VP Leni will be there. Then, we will march from UP chapel to CHR at the back of NCPAG. There will be unveiling of the Jose Diokno monument in CHR. Concert rally will be at 6 pm. Hopefully, you can help share the pubmat online.
- Iyla: There will be Econ 131 Florentino tutorial session 2 on Friday, 4 pm. Tutor will be Gabe Japlos, and will be held at the lounge. Also, Adorna tutorial in the 26th, and we are still looking for tutors for 106 Jandoc, and Math 17. We’ll also have tutorials for 122 Gonzales and 131 Yap.
- Joaquin: I can do Math 17 and Yana for Econ 11.
- Cams: For the partnership with OBEM, we have to donate at least 10. Either school supplies, groceries, and toiletries. This is due on Friday.
- Ian: Post in the group regarding the donation details. Howie will post regarding the partnership for ACLE. Jolo will post Humans of UPSE.
- Steph: We now have our Freshie Core. Sports: John Jacob; Acad: Bianca Pelejo; Treasurer: Joergen Camara.