Regular GA #8
September 27, 2017
P- Howie Ronsayro
P- Miguel Paje
P- Ian Serrano
P- Betina Sales
P- Kevin Lobo
P- Camille Gregorio
P- Joaquin De Guzman
P- Jolo Zagala
P- Iyla Ferrer
P- Jeremiah Tomas
P- Josh Quimbo
P- Jackie Comendador
P- Theresa Morada
p- Kayla Fabi
P- Louise Faraon
P- Yana Chan
P- Javi Vilchez
P- Angelo Porciuncula
P- Stephanie Shin
UL- UNEXCUSED LATE
UA- UNEXCUSED ABSENT
Summary of the Meeting:
- World: North Korean diplomat says Trump’s tweet was a declaration of war.
- Local: Solano who was a suspect for the murder of Horatio released from detainment but not cleared
- UP: Last Sunday, UP won against DLSU in UAAP 80 Basketball with a score of 98-87. 16 triples, the most ever in over a decade
- Random: Kylie Jenner is pregnant, and Travis Scott is the suspected father though he denied it in a Snapchat video
- Howie: When you are going to be absent in a Council event, please remember the protocol where you tell Bets and I.
- Ian: Dorm consultation.
- Paje: Tita got hospitalized
- Joaquin: Family dinner.
- Javi: Had an exam the next day
- Cams: Couldn’t paalam since we have an event on Thursday too.
- Jolo: Had to finish a probset.
- Howie: Seniors were lacking, referee was not available so Je had to referee and Josh and Bets took care of the lines. It would be better if we were a lot.
- Jackie: Our Council events are scheduled ahead of time, so you are able to adjust your personal schedule around it.
- Howie: Since Schoolympics aren’t for all batches all the time, would prefer that only the council members from that batch playing goes? This is one compromise since Schoolympics attendance has been a little weak ever since.
- *consensus yes*
- Je: I had class that time and I couldn’t really coordinate with the SEAC orgs since they had their own internal events like Debsoc had AJ, and OBEM had an outreach. I guess it wasn’t so enticing for the SEAC orgs since it was an Ecosoc event.
- Miguel: What happened was Council would be separate, but we ended up making Ecosoc’s a Council event too. There was not much coordination with Echoes and it would have been better if Je was there, but it’s okay since you had class.
- Howie: It would be hard to open it to UPSE if it was branded as Ecosoc, so maybe we can make a pub next time.
- Je: It was a fault on my part, but I plan to have another Museum Visit and invite all the other SEAC orgs.
- Je: Schoolympics next week, when is a good date?
- Bets: I think a Thursday would be better so Freshies Sophies 5-6pm and Juniors-Seniors 7-8pm.
- Jackie: If it’s on Wednesday, some have late classes.
- Je: It could be Monday night.
- Jackie: Next time, everything should be ready ahead of time like the net is set up and people are aware of call time.
- Howie: Batch reps please make sure that if your players say yes they appear at the games.
- Joaquin: So far, only 5 people have taken their DPs. We’ve decided on the close-up version of the DPs and they’ll be released on Sunday.
- Joaquin: Do you want to use the collage as the cover photo or the group photo?
- *Group photo wins after dividing the house*
- Iyla: We have 4 speakers tomorrow, each from a different perspective. What will happen is, each will present, the stage will be rearranged for an open debate then open forum and Q&A form audience and partners.
- Iyla: For the floor plan, incentives will line up separate from partner orgs and walk-ins. They will get Spin candies from the entrance along with the coffee. They need to be stamped with the SESC stamp. Seats are reserved for org partners, and there will be ushers for them.
- Iyla: Since we expect a lot of people, we plan to set up live feed outside. Evals go down because of the venue, so hopefully this will help.
- Iyla: After the individual presentations, the stage will be rearranged so we’ll need people to help with logistics. (Log: Howie, Jolo, Josh) Who will be available for Ingress? Bets, Kevin, Cams, Jolo*, Theresa, Steph, Angelo, Howie. Those who dibsed on reg are Steph (org partners), Yana and Kevin (incentives). Paje is assigned to Miss Lipana. Louise and Jackie org partner ushers. Bets and Cams assist in giving food and coffee.
- Iyla: Angelo, Cams and Kevin bring laptops. Projector and projector screen from SESC.
- Iyla: We have 17 org partners, ANC on the money, and coffee sponsor.
- Josh: One shift each for STRAW Fair. Those in shift, the giveaways will be there: deodorant, soap and pamphlet. Once they complete all the NGOs’ stickers, they will get Nestle. Next is a GC from Barenaked, Zalora and Men’s Room. A derma sponsor will be coming to give free skin care products. I”ll need you to make hatak at 12pm since I’ll give the NGOs some time to talk and intro themselves. We have a pub tonight and Thursday, BRA please share.
- Howie: How are we with money.
- Josh: We’re okay.
- Bets: You should print out the shifts so people can sign if they went to their shifts.
- Josh: Who can lend extension cords? Bets, Kevin, Jolo
- Paje: We were thinking of making SIDHI an adhoc committee for SESC. Maybe we can work on the structure with Francis. The co-head being headed by someone form Council and the team open to UPSE. The EIC could be semestral or yearly.
- Jolo: What if you talk to SEAC and make it a SEAC thing rather than attaching it to SESC.
- Miguel: It might be difficult getting people and diffuses responsibility.
- *Louise arrives 5:42pm*
- Jackie: It might be a conflict within orgs since Ecosoc for example has Echoes.
- Kevin: All orgs have something like that like ETC, and they themselves have a hard time finding EICs.
- Miguel: It will be a temporary thing to keep SIDHI under council as a transition. It’s not just for administrative purposes but also so we can help them rebrand with how fast news is since newsletters are not as relevant here anymore.
- Miguel: I plan to post a pub and keep sharing it so people will want to join with it being like “SIDHI is back”.
- Ian: Maybe it would be nice to have a planning with the structure and everything.
- Steph arrives 5:47pm*
- Howie: The SIDHI funds, 34k pesos, are still with the EIC of SIDHI, Francis Endrinal.
- Jolo: Our small initiative roster is delayed a bit but I got to talk to TIta Rose already. Humans Of UPSE is less student body intensive. Tita Rose will give me a list of who to ask with a ready list of questions. She’ll pick the question and help facilitate the interview.
- Jolo: For the Scratch Paper initiative, Tita Rose told me to coordinate with Tita Fe. She was more concerned with how it was going to look.
- Jolo: The Hell Week refresher is hopefully on the second week of October. The friendly part about it is writing their name. This will push through once I give the financial statement to Kevin.
- Jolo: I’ve met with Cams and Je and we want it to be a more alumni-intensive planning. We’re hoping to have a bonfire again at the back. We really want to work close with alumni.
- Jolo: When we put decorations in the front, we can involve the students to make it a culture event.
- Jolo: For Teachers Day, we were thinking of giving them personalized stamps, but I’ll talk to Internals about it. If we don’t meet the deadline of Oct 5, we’ll, make our own Teacher Appreciation day.
- Howie: The problem with the profs is it’s hard to get them together since you have to set an appointment beforehand.
- Jolo: It might be nice to have our own Teachers Appreciation Day since it’ll be more out of nowhere.
- Ian: We’ll have a technical working group, Howie, STRAW and Edres. I will open it to Batch Reps and juniors and seniors wince you guys now more about it. We will deliberate how to go about the responses and decide what the content of the position paper will be. Let’s finish the events this week first before making the group chat. My goal is to have a paper presented by the end of October.
- Ian: For Econ Rep Updates, Bidding for UP Fair is going to happen as well as ACLE.
- Jolo: What about Free Educ?
- Josh: Iyla and I are waiting for IRR for the Free Educ Bill. Then, we’ll have an ED DG.
- Iyla: We already have one scheduled, we just need the topic.
- Howie: The dean is trying to set a meeting with head office and the org heads.
- Howie: It’s scheduled next week, then I’m thinking of having Balitaan after so at least we already consolidated their concerns by then. I’ll post the guidelines and questions next week.
- Howie: Last Saturday’s LCC meeting stalked about lobbying to the regular faculty. I already made a list. Josh, is it okay if you head this one?
- Josh: Okay.
- Howie: You just have to email the profs and ask if they’re open for discussion. The plan of DRW is to let all councils start lobbying so by the University Council meeting, they know how to vote for it. The tracker I made has their emails. Every LCC GA, it’s a permanent agenda so we’ll need to have something to say.
- Iyla: 101 Adorna tutorials, SE 125 on Friday; tutor is Johann Co. 131 Yap tutorial on October 4, SE 123; tutor is Jolo Z. Kapekonomiya incentives pub is out, please share!
- Howie: Check the calendar for any conflict re. STATA seminar.