Regular GA #2 (August 12, 2016)
*GA started 11:30AM*
Summary of the Meeting:
- Shiftees and Transferees Orientation
- Kevin - We got RVC and the other Econ organizations. Ma'am Kraft will also deliver the opening remarks
- It will be in SE 105. Our hosts will be Jackie and Gabby.
- We still need a speaker for Econ life.
- Event will be from 8 am to 12 pm. Ingress begins at 7 am.
- Let's post this on the SESC page for publicity
- Freshie Elections
- Deadline for the filing of candidacy will be on Monday at 5 pm.
- Council Room and and Board Cleaning
- Lem: I've already assigned you to your houses. Now, I will assign you on who'll take charge of the GA Tidbits. It's composed of World News, Local News, UP News, and LOL news.
- For next week, house A is in charge of GA Tidbits. You will also be taking charge of council bits. You will be releasing two: one on Monday, another on Wednesday. On Monday, you'll do "who's this councilor." And birthdays and inspirational quotes of the day.
- We'll have a council room cleaning and board cleaning on Monday. Who's available 9AM onwards?
- Lem will be posting a poll later.
- Bring masks if you need one if you're allergic to dusts.
- Kindly bring home anything you want to keep from the current Council Room
- We'll also have a council board cleaning. I'll divide you guys into two groups. Prepare yourselves.
- House Cup Rules
- Leading houses are houses A, C, & D. House B is losing points.
- It's 50 points each time I catch you without an ID. Lem has caught Chito not wearing an ID.
- STRAW Updates
- Dear STRAW
- Response regarding Econ 11 and Math 100
- He wanted Econ to prioritize Econ students in prerequisites
- Library Usage
- There are students who could not use the library because they have not paid.
- Econ lib really bans them from entering. We will speak to Ma'am Kraft regarding this.
- Update on case of dismissed students. Final decision will be on Monday, August 15.
- Tissues and Medicines Kit
- We are currently canvassing tissue. Medicine kit will be out by next week.
- Floor has been rubberized.
- Tita Ging will come back next week.
- The problem with ventilation has been followed up.
- Bidding is ongoing for it to be cemented.
- Initially, it was Death Penalty and STRAW Bill
- Death Penalty event will be changed to Mental Health
- STRAW Bill; It's not too urgent because it is fufilled by the Magna Carta. We will replace it with a campaign on extra judicial killings with EdRes
- Chito: I hope we can find a way to help our Graduate Students.
- Dear STRAW
- SESC Statement
- Jem: Carlos raised this concern.
- USC is inviting us to Citizens' Assembly
- Consensus: To make a short statement
- Kiss: Tita Rose gave me sign-up sheets for Bantayog ng mga Bayani Foundation; a petition to support the campaign of the organization to be against the burial of Marcos
- There is a note on joining the Bantayog ng mga Bayani Foundation.
- Econ Rep Updates
- We need a Freshie Rep by August 24.
- We will inform the candidates who are running for Freshie Reps about this responsibility.