Regular GA #6
September 13, 2017
P- Howie Ronsayro
P- Miguel Paje
P- Ian Serrano
P- Betina Sales
P- Kevin Lobo
P- Camille Gregorio
P- Joaquin De Guzman
P- Jolo Zagala
P- Iyla Ferrer
P- Jeremiah Tomas
P- Josh Quimbo
P- Jackie Comendador
P- Theresa Morada
EL- Kayla Fabi
P- Louise Faraon
P- Yana Chan
P- Javi Vilchez
P- Angelo Porciuncula
EA- Stephanie Shin
UL- UNEXCUSED LATE
UA- UNEXCUSED ABSENT
Summary of the Meeting:
2. STRAW Updates c/o Josh (5 mins)
- World: Millions still without power and more than 180k staying in shelters in Florida after Hurricane Irma
- Local: 119 Lawmakers from the House of Representatives in favor of making the CHR budget 1000 pesos; only 32 said no
- UP: UP won against UST in UAAP 80 Basketball
- Random: Apple iPhone X to be released on November 3, 2017
- *Kayla arrives 5:20pm*
2. STRAW Updates c/o Josh (5 mins)
- Josh: STRAW Fair in 2 weeks. We have 13 NGOs, 11 Org partners, 2 sponsors and possibly 3 more sponsors. We’re waiting for Philippine Mental Health Association.
- Je: I can help ask for them.
- Ian: You can look into The Youth for Mental Health Coalition.
- Josh: The walkway has been approved. We just need to send a letter for the CMO for the electricity. Tita Millet told me that I’ll need to pay for that electricity.
- Josh: Heads up, we have a Hell Week Initiative next month.
- Josh: For the fumigation, we can’t push through with it since there’s still rain. My core and I plan to put mosquito catching bottles around UPSE. I need to make a letter regarding the lines in the front parking, but we still need to coordinate with BA since they’re still under construction. We have 1 Dear STRAW Concern regarding the CCTVs at the back parking since a car owner came back to his car with a lot of scratches.
- Josh: Lastly, there’s a new plan raised by Tita Marci and Tita Rose regarding the back parking since a part of the back might be used as a route for the Ikot-Toki.
- Howie: The admin and alumni do not want it, but this is also PCED property.
- Miguel: The tambayan and classrooms are right next to it.
- Howie: We’ll be meeting with Tita Rose tomorrow, around 4PM.
- Howie: There’s a plan to reroute the Ikot-Toki route. Ian, is that true?
- Ian: Yes, there are plans to reroute.
- Howie: The Launch was moved tomorrow in the AS lobby.
- Cams: We need 3 to go. (Going: Bets, Josh, Angelo, Ian, Howie)
- Ian: Update, the ADP has been passed the second reading.
- Howie: Since there’s no more Balitaan tomorrow, we will be attending the forum in the SE Audi. (Going: Bets, Cams, Josh, Howie, Miguel)
- Cams: Pride March on Friday. (Going: Josh, Miguel, Ian, Cams, Javi, Joaquin, Steph, Angelo,Yana, Jackie)
- Je: Flag Football tomorrow, so please make hatak.
- Je: Volleyball game on Tuesday, most probably in Blue Ridge.
- Ian: Maybe you should make the call time earlier like 6:30.
- Je: Museum Visit on the 23rd. There’s a chance that 131 has an exam.
- Ian: Monday, 1PM Lakbayan Integration, 12:30PM call time. (Going: Kevin, Ian, Jackie*, Javi, Louise, Iyla, Cams, Je, Theresa, Angelo, Steph)
*Sir Alburo might announce make-up class
- Ian: We’ll be assigned to a group for example, one from Cordillera. I also thought of opening it to the UPSE student body. I’ll be posting a pub on Friday.
- Ian: Econsult form has been shared. There are 20 responses. I plan to close it by Sunday, so hopefully we can reshare it later night.
- Je: I think we should ask the batch reps to get people to answer.
- Angelo: There freshies don’t really know what it is.
- Ian: Alright. Around 40-50 is a good number.
- Joaquin: Next Monday, 5PM has the most number of votes. Do you guys want September 18 or 25?
- Louise: My Psych 101 class has a shoot, but it’s also in Maginhawa so I’ll follow.
- Joaquin: I’ll post the pegs later. Kindly pick the one that you want.
- Miguel: Let’s still make a video. Maybe we can make use of the studio to shoot the video; there can be one for the first sem and another for the second sem.
- Joaquin: We can have the core shoot their DPs in the council room; they’ll join our DP blast.
- Louise: It’s on September 26, 4:30-6PM. Our plan is to make it into 2 separate rooms simultaneously. The speakers are JJ Flores for STATA and Francis Edrinal for R.
- Je: Gabe Japlos or Aaron Galano can help with STATA.
- Louise: Jolo or Gabe are back up speakers for STATA.
- Jackie: Try to keep your speakers on track and keep them concise so you don’t go overtime.
- Louise: Our hosts are Kayla and Sean.
- Howie: What about the hosts for R Seminar?
- Louise: I’ll handle it. I’ve already asked for budget from Kevin. We’ll IGP for the tokens.
- Angelo: I’d like to request for a Math 17 LE 2 tutorial.
- Jolo: Kevin, I need to be reimbursed for Freshmonth.
- Iyla: Tutorials tomorrow, 106 Navarro and Math 102. I need tutors for 101 Adorna, 102 Ho, 106 Jandoc, 131 Florentino and Yap. They will be announced over the weekend. Also for Kapekonomiya, we’ll need to IGP a little more to pay for the venue.
- Cams: Council, please like and share our UPIC partnership. Our deadline is on September 15.